Invisalign is one of the most preferred orthodontic treatment by many nowadays. Its advantages over conventional treatments are undeniable which is why teens and adults alike prefer to undergo the procedure. Hassles and discomfort associated with traditional braces are reduced or even eliminated.
Instead of using metal brackets and wires, Invisalign utilizes SmartTrack material which is highly elastic that delivers constant pressure to the teeth to improve its movement and alignment. The material used is guaranteed safe and effective in providing straighter teeth for better function, appearance, and health.
At Comprehensive Dentistry, we help our patients attain the smiles they have always wanted with the help of Invisalign. The treatment can achieve correction of most teeth irregularities such as malocclusions, overcrowding, or excessive spaces.
Things to Know about Invisalign
For patients to feel more confident and secured with the treatment, here are the things they should know.
- There are no metal brackets or wires used for the treatment, but it still works the same way as the conventional approach. It straightens teeth by moving it to the proper position to achieve better alignment and a pleasant smile.
- They are shaped as trays that resemble the ones used for teeth whitening that is worn over the teeth and can be removed when necessary.
- Invisalign aligners are custom-made for each patient, they are modeled after the impressions taken and made based on the formulated treatment plan by the dentist.
- Attachments or buttons can be placed on the teeth depending on the patient’s teeth condition. These are clear or tooth-colored materials placed on the surface that would act as brackets that move the teeth effectively.
- The dentist would provide sets of Invisalign trays throughout the treatment duration that are made following the treatment plan formulated. The patients can switch out each tray every two weeks or as recommended by the dentist. Its schedule for replacement varies depending on the patient’s dental condition.
- Invisalign trays are to be worn for 20 to 22 hours every day and only removed during cleaning, eating, and drinking anything but cold water. After eating and before wearing the tray, the patient should brush or rinse their mouth to remove any food particles stuck.
- For women, it is best to avoid wearing lipsticks since it easily sticks on the aligner tray.
- Carrying a travel toothbrush anytime is best to keep the mouth clean after eating.
- Regular appointments should be scheduled every four to six weeks for the dentist to keep track of the teeth’s progress and movement. Additional trays may also be provided for the results to be favorable.
- Like other orthodontic procedures, the patient is still required to wear retainers to guarantee the effectivity and longevity of the results. Teeth relapse is possible which is why it is essential to wear retainers as much as possible.
Bring out your best smile with Invisalign in Bloomingdale, IL, book your appointments with Comprehensive Dentistry! Call us to experience an outstanding treatment in making your teeth straighter, beautiful and healthy!